POSITION: TEACHER – GENERAL EDUCATION OR VOCATIONAL TRAINING
DEPARTMENT: ADULT EDUCATION AND VOCATIONAL TRAINING
SALARY: FROM $46,527 TO $92,027, DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
COMPETITION NUMBER: AEVTBANK2023-2024
STATUS: CONTRACTUAL 400 HOURS, WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF RENEWAL
START DATE: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq (KI) is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
Would you like to join us for a unique and rewarding experience?
We are searching for candidates to fill positions in general education and vocational training programs in the English and French sectors.
The following teaching opportunities may be available in Nunavik:
General Education Programs
Vocational Training Programs
• Brevet d'enseignement or a teaching permit from the province of Quebec or from a Canadian province.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualification requirements if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board
• Fluency in two (2) of the three (3) official languages of KI (Inuktitut, English and French);
• Experience in adult education, and;
• Experience in multi-level classes.
• Knowledge and teaching of the MEES programs.
• Experience in teaching English and French as a second language.
• Knowledge of the Moodle platform.
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
Salary & benefits as per the Teachers Collective Agreement of the Board: from $46,527 to $92,027 annually depending on experience and qualifications. All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to benefits such as:
• Employee and Family Assistance Program
• Career development opportunities
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
• Northern premium
• Food transportation allocation
• Paid relocation benefits
• Retention and attraction premium
• Up to three (3) round trips to and from Nunavik