POSITION: IT ANALYST - DEVELOPER
DEPARTMENT: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES (IT) DEPARTMENT
SALARY: FROM $48,689 TO $83,462 DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
COMPETITION NUMBER: ANALYSTDEV2311-01
STATUS: REGULAR FULL-TIME POSITION
STARTING DATE: DECEMBER 2023
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq (KI) is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
Reporting to the IT Manager, the incumbent is responsible for analyzing, designing, developing and managing all aspects of development and programming to meet the business needs of the school board. He is also called upon to assist the teams in place and to participate in the maintenance of operational systems.
- Carry out cost-benefit analyses for IT solutions under consideration and set deadlines for the implementation of approved projects
- Develop and support the school board's home-grown and commercial computer systems
- Meet programming needs by developing programs and applications to meet the business needs of the various departments and the school board in general
- Document all applications and IT procedures in place
- Optimize and update documented systems to more advanced platforms while ensuring compatibility with other infrastructure components
- Optimize, maintain and develop web portals
- Analyze and optimize business processes and workflows (forms) by implementing web or cloud solutions
- Collaborate with the Finance, Procurement and Transport Departments to set up a system to monitor goods delivered in the various establishments served by the School Board
- Assist in resolving production problems and incidents as well as in various tests and proofs of concept
- Ensure that best development practices are applied
- Ensure that standards, procedures and safety requirements are met
- Participate in front-line user support and infrastructure and network maintenance
- Perform other related tasks.
- Hold an undergraduate degree in computer science or in a field relevant to the position
- Two years of experience in client-server and web application development in an analyst position.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualifications if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement (JBNQA) and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
- Experience with programming languages: VB6, .NET (C #, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Visual studio);
- Experience with SQL 2016 Server and SQL language
- Experience with VBA language and PowerShell
- Knowledge of ServiceNow
- Knowledge of Web services and IIS
- Knowledge of different web frameworks, including ASP.Net MVC
- Knowledge of AJAX, JSON and SOAP
- Knowledge of cloud technologies
- Knowledge of Office 365.
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
In accordance with the SPPENOM collective agreement for professionals. This position belongs to job category
2120: From $48,689 to $83,462 annually depending on qualification and experience.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to benefits such as:
- 20 days paid vacation
- 2-week paid holiday period
- Free parking
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Career development opportunities
- Hybrid work schedule
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
- Summer schedule
- Northern premium
- Food transportation allocation
- Paid relocation benefits
- Retention and attraction premium
- Up to three (3) round trips to and from Nunavik