POSITION: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: INFORMATION AND TECHNOLOGY
SALARY: FROM $78,795 TO $105,057, DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
COMPETITION NUMBER: MANAIT2311-01
STATUS: REGULAR FULL TIME
START DATE: DECEMBER 2023
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq (KI) is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
The IT department is seeking an IT Manager to perform needs analyses, develop service offerings, operations management, project management, provide functional support and maintain client relations. Under the responsibility of the IT Coordinator, the incumbent will assume, within his or her field of expertise, a consulting and functional expertise role with members of his or her team to promote the optimal use of information and technology resources. Responsibilities will include:
- Assist, as needed, managers of the School Board’s facilities and administrative services in order to evaluate problematic situations and propose appropriate solutions, in accordance with the School Board’s orientations and policies.
- Play an advisory role to his or her team in identifying needs, analyzing affected business processes and evaluating possible solutions.
- Participate in the management, allocation and follow-up of client requests in the ticketing system.
- Participate in the development of terms and conditions for customer service and ensure compliance with all the said terms and conditions.
- Assume, as needed, the transmission of all relevant information in order to offer support to users of the School Board.
- Participate in the supervision and evaluation of staff under his or her responsibility.
- Ensure the availability, operation and proper use of equipment and materials.
- Participate in the development and updating of information resources.
- Ensure, in his/her sector of activity, the revision and optimization of administrative practices.
- Be the main contact person for Internet and telecommunication providers in Nunavik.
- Assume any other responsibility compatible with his or her function that may be assigned by his or her superior.
- A Diploma of Collegial Studies in computer science, business analysis, business administration, educational technology or other relevant field of study.
- Six (6) years of relevant experience.
- A valid certificate of competence for the practice of a trade that is relevant to the position.
- Ten (10) years of relevant experience.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualification requirements if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
- Fluency in two (2) of the three (3) official languages of KI (Inuktitut, English and French);
- Strong commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Demonstrated mentoring and knowledge transfer skills.
- Ability to work in a team in a solution-oriented manner.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage many priorities.
- Willingness to work with complementary and diversified technologies (proprietary solutions, open-source solutions, client-server).
- Experience in the integration of information technology in the school environment.
- Be prepared to travel to Nunavik as needed.
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
Class 00-06* in accordance with the working conditions of KSB executives: from $78,795 to $105,057 annually based on qualifications and experience. All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to benefits such as:
- 20 or 30 days paid vacation
- Up to 10 paid recuperation days
- 2-week paid holiday period
- Free parking
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Career development opportunities
- Hybrid work schedule
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
- Summer schedule
- Northern premium
- Food transportation allocation
- Paid relocation benefits
- Retention and attraction premium
- Up to three (3) round trips to and from Nunavik
- Subsidized furnished housing