POSITION: EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
DEPARTMENT: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES DEPARTMENT (IT)
SALARY: FROM $22.54 TO $26.00 AN HOUR DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
COMPETITION NUMBER: EXECTI2311-01
STATUS: FULL-TIME REGULAR
STARTING DATE: DECEMBER 2023
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq (KI) is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
Under the authority of the IT department’s director, the executive secretary is called upon to perform complex secretarial tasks in a relatively autonomous manner, as well as the department’s reception tasks. The tasks include the following:
- Prepare memos and information letters based on summary guidelines;
- Responsible for the office correspondence;
- Handle incoming calls, faxes and e-mails, forwarding them to the appropriate people and ensuring follow-up measures;
- Manage agendas according to guidelines for the people he/she works for;
- Responsible for filing the department's documents;
- Greet visitors;
- Manage hotel and air ticket reservations and confirmations;
- Organize events and meetings: convene the participants, prepare the necessary files, draw up a draft agenda according to the instructions received based on the topics collected;
- Get in touch with business partners;
- Manage material purchase orders from the various departments and their follow-up;
- Ensure the follow-up of invoices with the accounting department;
- Follow-up on the claims forms of the department's employees;
- Any other related tasks assigned by his or her supervisors.
Hold a diploma in secretarial vocational studies or a secondary diploma.
At least 4 years of secretarial experience.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualifications if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement (JBNQA) and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
- Fluency in two of the three languages of the school board (English, French, or Inuktitut);
- Excellent writing skills in two of the three languages of the school board (English, French or Inuktitut);
- Proficiency in the use of a computer and the various software necessary for the execution of his or her work such as word processing, databases, spreadsheets and in-house programs
- Comfortable with document-sharing systems (OneDrive, Google Doc...) and with the Microsoft suite
- Ability to manage communications, electronic agendas and correspondence to and from senior executives;
- Organized, self-reliant, punctual and able to meet deadlines.
WORK SCHEDULE: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
In accordance with the AENQ collective agreement for support staff, this position belongs to job category 4111: from $22.54 to $26.00 an hour depending on qualification and experience. All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to benefits such as:
- 20 days paid vacation
- 2-week paid holiday period
- Free parking
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Career development opportunities
- Hybrid work schedule
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
- Summer schedule
- Northern premium
- Food transportation allocation
- Paid relocation benefits
- Retention and attraction premium
- Up to three (3) round trips to and from Nunavik