POSITION: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
DEPARTMENT: EDUCATION SERVICES
SALARY: FROM $72,911 TO $97,212, DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
COMPETITION NUMBER: EXAES2311-01
STATUS: FULL-TIME REGULAR
START DATE: NOVEMBER 2023
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq (KI) is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
The incumbent is responsible for the management of the technical and administrative activities of the Education Services department.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Director of Education Services, the incumbent must, in particular:
- Coordinate the planning of executive appointments, meetings and travels, and ensure all the necessary and timely arrangements.
- Provide administrative support regarding budgeting and financial activities, including managing records and archives (physical and electronic) and liaising with the Finance department.
- Prepare drafts of communications, reports, minutes of meetings, etc.
- Oversee incoming and outgoing communications for the department, including emails, phone calls, reports, and internal correspondence.
- Act as a gatekeeper for internal and external contacts, including vendors, colleagues, clients, and customers.
- Maintain the Director’s and the department’s calendar and make the necessary reminders to the team.
- Conduct research and create reports on various topics based on the needs of the supervisor.
- Maintaining a high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Supervise, mentor and manage employees under their responsibility.
- Intervene in various cross-departmental processes.
- Coordinate the organization of events for the department.
- Diploma of college studies in a relevant field of study;
- Five (5) years of relevant experience.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualification requirements if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
- Fluency in two (2) of the three (3) official languages of KI (Inuktitut, English and French).
- Excellent planning, organizational and communication skills.
- Asset: knowledge of the Inuit culture.
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
Class 00-05 as per the working conditions of KI’s managers: from $72,911 to $97,212 annually depending on qualifications and experience. All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to benefits such as:
- 30 days paid vacation
- Up to 10 paid recuperation days
- 2-week paid holiday period
- Free parking
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Career development opportunities
- Hybrid work schedule
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
- Summer schedule
- Northern premium
- Food transportation allocation
- Paid relocation benefits
- Retention and attraction premium
- Up to three (3) round trips to and from Nunavik