POSITION: COMPUTER TECHNICIAN PRINCIPAL CLASS
DEPARTMENT: INFORMATION AND TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
SALARY: FROM $24.78 TO $35.67 AN HOUR DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
COMPETITION NUMBER: COMPTECHPC2311-04
STATUS: FULL-TIME REGULAR
STARTING DATE: DECEMBER 2023
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq (KI) is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
- Ensure the maintenance and repair of network and wireless equipment;
- Install software and prepare computers for shipment to schools;
- Draft operational procedures for computer systems under its responsibility;
- Draft user guides and train users;
- Provide technical and office support to office and school staff;
- Assist the analyst, participate in the testing and implementation of technological solutions;
- Perform any task related to the position or requested by the immediate superior.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (D.E.C.) in computer technology or equivalent;
- Four (4) years of relevant experience.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualifications if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement (JBNQA) and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
- Fluent knowledge of two of the three working languages of the Board (Inuktitut, French, English);
- Sense of initiative, autonomous and client-oriented;
- Knowledge of Mac OS in addition to Office 365 experience, deployment of operating systems and applications using SCCM are assets;
- Knowledge of iPad MDM solutions is an asset;
- School board experience an asset;
- Northern experience an asset;
- Be prepared to travel within Nunavik as needed.
WORK SCHEDULE: 35 hours per week from Monday to Friday.
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
In accordance with the AENQ collective agreement for support staff, this position belongs to job category 4278: from $24.78 to $35.67 an hour depending on qualification and experience. All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to benefits such as:
- 20 days paid vacation
- 2-week paid holiday period
- Free parking
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Career development opportunities
- Hybrid work schedule
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
- Summer schedule
- Northern premium
- Food transportation allocation
- Paid relocation benefits
- Retention and attraction premium
- Up to three (3) round trips to and from Nunavik