The teacher of English or French as a foreign language at UQAM Non-credit Language Courses teaches adult students, particularly from Canada, the United States, countries of South America, Europe, Africa or Asia.
The periods dedicated to classroom instruction can take the form of presentations, demonstrations, group discussions, practical work, individual or group projects. In this context, the teacher must:
- Prepare the course outline based on the teaching material provided and the program criteria
- Develop all teaching material deemed useful for the progress of the group
- Plan and give lessons according to the needs of learners
- Prepare, administer and mark exams and assignments in order to assess student’s progress
- Ensure regular follow-up with the administration team of Non-Credit Language Courses (class attendance, grades, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree or recognized equivalence in education, ideally in French as a second or foreign language (completed) or in English second or foreign language (completed)
- Having experience teaching French as a second language to groups of adults (beginner to advanced level)
- Being familiar with the Common European Framework of Reference
- Communicating easily and being able to adapt to multiple cultural realities
- Be familiar with distance education, and the ZOOM platform, and Moodle
- Being dynamic and autonomous
- Employment status: Contractual, from July 5 to July 23 and from July 26 to August 13 (other contracts possible during the year in evening classes or in tailor-made training)
- Number of hours: 54 hours per 3-week session (instruction: 24 hours + guided cultural activities: 10 hours. + preparation / planning: 20 hours.)
- Working schedule: between 10 a.m. and noon on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays
About Non-Credit Language Courses (NCLC)
The Non-Credit Language Courses of the University of Quebec in Montreal (NCLC) are under the governance of the Studies Office.
The NCLC offers a wide range of courses and programs to national and international adults wishing to acquire or improve their language skills.
The NCLC also offers tailor-made in-company training, private lessons, public training in English, French or Spanish and intensive language stays in French and English.
Information about NCLC
langues-immersion.uqam.ca (new Website to come)
Telephone : 514 987-3000 ext. 5621
Please send your resumé and a covering letter to by March 31, 2021.