- Full-time contractual position
- Duration: 12 months with possibility of tenure at the end of the first year
- Posting date: February 10, 2020 ( The position can be filled at any time, applications will be evaluated as they are received.)
A registered charity working in the area of access to justice, Éducaloi has been active in Quebec for almost 20 years. Éducaloi demonstrates leadership and innovation in reconciling law, education and communication to inform and raise awareness among Quebecers of the law. Éducaloi is recognized across Canada and abroad as a leader in legal information and education for the general public.
To carry out its mission, Éducaloi counts on around twenty professionals with diverse expertise, the majority of whom are members of the Quebec Bar or the Chamber of Notaries.
Nature of the work
The Project Coordinator initiates, develops, plans, coordinates and evaluates a portfolio of diversified projects. He is responsible for relations with internal and external collaborators of his projects and makes sure to identify the objectives and needs of the target audience for each project in order to ensure alignment between them and the strategic directions of Éducaloi. In addition to being responsible for delivering deliverables, the coordinator sets up a quantitative, qualitative and impact evaluation of each of his projects in order to assess opportunities for improvement.
The Project coordinator also plays a key role in the development, outreach and financing of services and projects for specific clienteles assigned to him (eg seniors, youth, Aboriginal communities, etc.).
He ensures that the projects he coordinates correspond to the orientations and objectives of Éducaloi and are carried out in the best time-cost-benefit balance. He actively participates in the mobilization and support of the teams working on his projects and he collaborates with the other work teams so that the actions of his projects can feed the whole organization.
This position reports to the Content Director.
- Initiate and evaluate project opportunities in relation to the needs of the public- targets, Éducaloi's mission, its strategic directions;
- Develop, design and submit project proposals and make appropriate follow-ups;
- Carry out effective implementation of new projects (contracts, project charter, budget, timetables, allocation of resources, progress reports, document management, etc.);
- Ensure sound coordination of projects (budget monitoring, control of deadlines, compliance with contractual obligations and maintenance relations with partners and collaborators)
- Ensure the quality control of products delivered both internally and externally and ensure effective achievement of objectives
- Maintain the management documentation (contracts, project charter, progress reports, schedules, deliverables, budgets) for each project and ensure regular circulation of the information - in particular through proactive monitoring and progress reports to stakeholders, content creators and themanagement;
- Evaluate the project, transmit the results and carry out other actions related to the closure of the project (archiving, information to the monitoring and legal integrity, final and financial reports, internal and external, etc.)
- Develop and maintain excellent business relationships with partners, employees and customers of the 'organization;
- Collaborate in the implementation and improvement of project management processes, ensure their application, carry out their evaluation and propose, to the need, modifications;
- Quickly raise issues and needs with the various stakeholders and management, and propose solutions to remedy them;
- Collaborate in strategic directions and the establishment of priorities, in the formulation of policies and processes. Participate in the progression and implementation of these;
- Guarantee the complete satisfaction of the various stakeholders in its projects, in compliance with standards and policies of the organization.
professional qualifications and technical skills
- University degree in a relevant discipline ;
- Relevant experience in project development and management;
- Excellent ability to identify, popularize and synthesize information and the issues;
- Fluency in French and good knowledge of English both orally and in writing;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Certification in project management - PMP or other;
- Experience in a non-profit environment;
- Member of the Barreau du Québec or the Chambre des notaires du Québec or have experience in the legal field;
- Knowledge of the Adobe suite (Acrobat, inDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and demonstrate interest in new software and web trends;
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel.
- Know how to organize, inform and motivate a team;
- Know how to define and manage priorities;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and adapt to the unexpected;
- Have an analytical mind and master problem solving;
- Be structured, responsible and have attention to detail;
- Be autonomous, resourceful and able to learn by yourself;
- Be good at interpersonal communication, maintain good relationships with colleagues and external partners;
- Embody organizational values, particularly thoroughness, collaboration and creativity in your work;
- Be customer-oriented and have good political sense
- 3 to 4 weeks vacation, depending on the schedule remuneration in effect
- 14 public holidays, including 7 during the holiday season, plus various leaves for family reasons
- 5 leaves for personal reasons
- Flexible hours, including the possibility of teleworking
- Join a dynamic team! >
You mustapply no later than March 10, 2020, 5:00 p.m. *, by sending us:
- A cover letter.
- Your CV
- A text in French of 500 to 700 words which answers the following question ?: "? According to you, what are the biggest challenges of project management in an organization like Éducaloi? "
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The masculine gender is used without discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text. .
* The position can be filled at any time during the process