Job category: Professional
Job status: Regular
Display number: 20-21 / 048
Class / Salary: $ 32.15 to $ 52.03 (Class 13)
Service : Department of cooperative education
Duration and timetable: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Start of mandate: Mid-August 2020
Deadline for applying: July 19, 2020, at 5 p.m.
Internal designation: Internship Coordinator
Link to apply:
Who are we?
The École de technologie supérieure is an institution of the University of Quebec offering bachelor's, master's and doctorate programs in engineering. Located in Griffintown, at the junction of Old Montreal and the city center, within walking distance of the metro and Lucien-Lallier and Bonaventure stations, ÉTS offers, in addition to a competitive salary and a generous pension fund, :
- Group insurance;
- Up to 21 days of vacation per year;
- 4-day summer schedule;
- Privileged access to its sports center located on campus or on site;
- Public transport incentive program (discount equivalent to 3 months on the annual subscription);
- Parking for cars and bikes at competitive prices;
- Access to the various corporate agreements of the School;
- CPE on site, and many other advantages.
Under the direction of the immediate superior, takes part in activities associated with the organization, development and evaluation of student internships; establishes and maintains relations with companies and develops links with a view to carrying out technical cooperation activities.
- Participates in drawing up the market development plan within the framework of the cooperative system and ensures its implementation and monitoring for the region or territory under its responsibility. Promotes local and regional activities and services offered by the institution.
- Solicits companies for the development, organization, search for internships and placement of graduates. Ensures the relevance of current internships, the performance of interns through visits to employers and assesses the professional experience acquired. See to the adequacy of the number of internships and students.
- Advises students in establishing the criteria and means to be favored for their choice of internship and in their planning process. career. Advises students on writing their curriculum vitae.
- Ensures the institution's presence in organizations such as chambers of commerce and associations. Collaborates in the organization of special events such as fairs, congresses, exhibitions and participates in it as a representative of the institution.
- Meets and informs new students about the operation and principles of cooperative education.
- Carries out business development and relaunch with employers in order to quickly optimize the placement of interns in companies, in particular by telephone, email, in person or by social networks.
- Organizes internship visits to employers and sees to the maintenance and increase of the number of internships. Performs personalized return-to-internship meetings.
- Advises employers on their human resources needs in the engineering field. Evaluates the relevance of the internships offeredand verifies compliance with the job description when carrying out the internship.
- Solicit and inform companies about the principles of cooperative education.
- Advise students on a plan career as well as the criteria and means to be preferred for obtaining an internship; informs them of market trends and fluctuations.
Do you have what it takes to meet the challenge?
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline, particularly in career development, human resources, engineering or marketing.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant professional experience, particularly in business development and in '' one or the other of the following fields: internship coordination, placement or recruitment of technical and engineering staff, industrial or technical representation.
- Excellent skills for business development and solicitation of employers .
- Good knowledge of social networks to facilitate business development.
- Communication and interpersonal skills in a context of customer service.
- Great sense of autonomy.
- Developed sense of organization.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Focused on problem solving.
- Good knowledge of employability and coaching.
- Being able to move around in your vehicle.
- Availability for short stays each session to carry out trainee and business development visits to regions assigned to him (throughout Quebec - regions to be determined).
Please note that those selected will be invited to take a professional knowledge test related to job requirements.