Information Technology Service (IT) Branch
Regular full-time position
The Commission scolaire des Grandes-Seigneuries (CSDGS) is looking for a full-time regular position as Director of Information Technology (IT), whose administrative offices are in La Prairie, on the Shore -South of Montreal.
The CSDGS covers the territory of the Roussillon RCM and the Jardins-de-Napierville RCM. With 54 institutions and a budget of $ 295 million, it serves a growing population in 21 urban and rural municipalities.
In the respect of its mission and its values, the benevolence, the collaboration and the valorization of each pupil, the signature of the CSDGS, Their success, our passion! , is the leitmotiv which characterizes the work, commitment, dedication, involvement and, consequently, the passion of the 3,950 staff members, commissioners, parents and partners, all of whom are strongly motivated by the mission of perseverance in school and educational and academic success of more than 26,000 students, youth and adults.
The CSDGS is a large organization with strong growth allowing it to evolve within a balanced budgetary framework. Modern and agile, respectful of the autonomy of its staff and institutions, it offers a stimulating and dynamic work environment, a manageable management and a positive work climate. Looking to the future and aligned with the needs of the community, she is always looking to innovate, create and increase the service offer oriented towards the needs of the clientele. Institutional and administrative managers work collaboratively and in solution mode.
The CSDGS would like to add to its management team a passionate and experienced person in the position of Director of the Information Technology Department who will support digital pedagogical innovation, the development of digital skills of staff and the safety of students. operation of computerized systems.
Under the authority of the Direction générale, the position of Direction of the Department of Information Technologies is responsible for all programs and activities related to the management of the school board's computer resources. / p>
The selected candidate will be primarily responsible for all programs and activities related to the CSDGS staff and student digital skills development plan, operating computer systems, operation and maintenance computer equipment, service agreements, information technology, office automation, networking and telecommunications.
Also, she will have to assume an important role of advisory services and functional expertise with the General Management and all the managers of the school board to promote the optimal management of computing resources.
NATURE OF WORK
This job includes the following responsibilities:
- In line with the CSDGS Commitment to Success Plan, develop the directions, objectives and action plan of the Information Technology Service that will:
- Ensure a digital pedagogical watch and support the school teams in the development of digital skills of students to optimize the use of technology in the classroom;
- Ensuredeveloping the digital skills of CSDGS employees by organizing training for staff on the use of computer systems, office automation, networking, telecommunications and information technology;
- To initiate and develop tools allowing the integration of computerized systems between institutions and administrative units;
- Develop and recommend the adoption of Information Technology Service policies;
- Assume responsibility for the development, implementation, development, revision, maintenance, safe operation and control of computerized systems, office automation, networking and telecommunications tools and information technology of the school board;
- Establish and ensure the performance of IT and information security processes for equipment, systems and networks;
- Ensure the preparation, control and application of the schedule of operations relating to the maintenance of equipment and the operation of the computer park;
- Negotiate service agreements with suppliers and users external to the board and ensure that services are compliant;
- Collaborate, as appropriate, in the development and implementation of joint projects with other organizations;
- Intervene, if necessary, in schools and administrative units of the school board to assess problematic situations and propose appropriate solutions.
Regarding the overall management of the school board:
- Participate in defining and defining vision, organizational values, strategic directions, objectives and priorities;
- Participate in the development and maintenance of policies and regulations and their application;
- Collaborate in the development of the staffing plan and the distribution of the budget;
- Represent the school board on issues related to the Information Technology Department.
In terms of managing the human, financial, material and information resources of his department:
- Recommend the staffing plan;
- Perform or participate in the selection of staff;
- Define tasks, direct, animate, and supervise and evaluate staff;
- Develop a development and training plan for service staff;
- Ensure the flow of information;
- Prepare, administer and monitor the budget;
- Identify needs and priorities and ensure inventory management for supplies, equipment and materials.
- Represent, upon request, the school board on matters within its jurisdiction;
- Assist the managers of the school board;
- Assume any other responsibilities compatible with his function that may be entrusted to him by his immediate superior.
- Undergraduate degree in an appropriate field of study for a minimum of three (3) years of university studies or for a senior executive or executive position, except for the manager in a school board; and
- Eight (8) years of relevant experience.
- Mobilization and leadership with work teams;
- Spirit of innovation, strategic vision, skill and creativity in problem solving;
- Great ability to act as an agent of change;
- Priority Management;
- Ability to work in teams with partners, both internally and externally;
- Excellent communication;
- Listening, openness and flexibility.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Applicable under the current Executive Conditions of Employment Regulations, Class 10 (minimum $ 94,183 - maximum $ 125,574). The CSDGS offers a complete program of benefits and working conditions, in accordance with the Regulation respecting the conditions of employment of school board executives.
Send your curriculum vitae, along with a letter motivating your application, no later than June 5, 2019 at 4 pm
Mr Michel BrochuDirector of the Human Resources ServiceSchool Committee
Please note that the selection interviews for this position will be held on Tuesday, June 11, 2019. Candidates selected for a selection interview will also be available on Wednesday, June 12, 2019 for psychometric testing. / strong>
The CSDGS is engaged in an Equal Opportunity Employment Program and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginals and persons with disabilities to apply. The CSDGS thanks all candidates for their interest, but will only communicate with those selected. No acknowledgment of receipt will be issued.