Come make a difference in a modern, growing city that cares about its citizens. An environment where your creativity contributes to the realization of great stimulating projects favoring the well-being of Laval residents. In addition to offering you career opportunities, you will be part of a large public organization with a human dimension.
For its Public Works Department, the City of Laval is seeking a:
EVALUATOR - VEHICLES AND EQUIPMENT
The challenges ahead:
Reporting to the Administrative Operations Manager of the Works Department The incumbent conducts his theoretical and practical training sessions on the operation, safe operation and maintenance of motor vehicles and equipment or on other subjects affecting the operations of the service. He develops and updates various documents as well as the didactic material used during these trainings. It assesses employees' skills, provides feedback on the ground, and makes recommendations for actions, actions or corrective actions. It investigates cases of accidents or misuse of material resources. He writes various reports, reports and training plans. It participates in the development or implementation of new policies, procedures, forms, guides or other tools relevant to the operations of the service. He acts as the representative of the employer in his field of expertise, intervenes in the workplace as such and in the context of investigations into accidents involving the driving and operation of vehicles as well as in the context of the assessment of the abilities of employees to occupy a position requiring, among other things, skills in the driving of vehicles and motorized equipment in the City.
The profile sought:
- DEP in construction machinery operation;
- Teaching instruction an asset;
- 5 to 7 years experience in driving and operating municipal vehicles: snow plow, spreader truck, dump truck (1.5 or 5 tons), digger, loader, grader, snowblower , curb tractor, tank truck, forklift, street broom, sewer man, roller compactor, etc.
- 3 years of experience in adult education;
- Class 1 driving license valid with mention F;
- Training certificate on safety on construction sites (ASP construction);
- Good communication in French (oral and written), oral English an asset;
- Good knowledge of relevant health and safety standards;
- Good knowledge of the MS Office suite;
- Work experience in the workplace unionized (an asset)
Work schedule: By day
Availability required for some trainings to offer outside the hours Regular work (evening, night and weekends).
The City of Laval is growing. It has more and more people, businesses and organizations. This evolution brings great challenges and raises important issues. In 2014, we launched the Repensons Laval initiative, which helped develop the strategic vision of our city: urban by nature in 2035. This vision is the compass that guides the development of Laval today. Working at the Ville de Laval is believing in this vision. It is putting your heart and your ideas at the service of the citizen. It is working with dedicated people and shaping the present to build the future.
You too, take part in the change! Apply before December 24, 2019 via the
The City of Laval applies an employment equity program. It values diversity and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginals and people with disabilities to apply. For the latter, do not hesitate to tell us about special arrangements. necessary, if you are invited to a selection process.