The Grandes-Seigneuries School Board (CSDGS) covers the territory of the Roussillon RCM and the Jardins-de-Napierville RCM. With 54 institutions and a budget of $ 295 million, it serves a growing population in 21 urban and rural municipalities.
In the respect of its mission and its values, the benevolence, the collaboration and the valorization of each pupil, the signature of the CSDGS, Their success, our passion !, is the leitmotiv which characterizes the work, the commitment , the dedication, the involvement and, consequently, the passion of the 3,950 staff members, commissioners, parents and partners, all of whom are strongly motivated by the mission of perseverance in school and educational and academic success of more than 26,000 students, young people and adults.
THE CONTEXT The CSDGS is a large organization with strong growth allowing it to evolve in a balanced budgetary framework. Modern and agile, respectful of the autonomy of its staff and institutions, it offers a stimulating and dynamic work environment, a management with a human dimension, as well as a positive work climate. Looking to the future and aligned with the needs of the community, she is always looking to innovate, create and increase the service offer oriented towards the needs of the clientele. Institutional and administrative managers work collaboratively and in solution mode.
The CSDGS wishes to join its management team with a passionate and experienced person in the position of Deputy Director General to meet challenging challenges facing the challenges of strong customer growth, the capacity of our institutions, integration of new immigrants and student success.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Reporting to the Executive Director, your key mandates will include:
• Supervision and accompaniment of school principals, as well as the proper functioning and development of schools in its territory: 20 preschool and primary schools, 6 secondary schools, 2 vocational training centers and 2 training centers of adults.
• The evolution of the offer of services, the coordination and the optimization the implementation of programs in vocational training (DEP and AEP), of the service to companies and of the general formation of adults, according to the customer needs,
• Co-responsibility for the implementation (School Board / Institutions) of educational projects and the success plans of the institutions under its responsibility.
• The coordination and animation of the table of consultation and educational development primary, secondary, vocational training and adult general education.
• The collective program for continuing education, professional integration and general coordination of individual executive development.
As a member of the management team, you will also actively participate in:
• The development of the School Board's policies and policies, as well as the implementation of the action plan stemming from its Strategic Plan.
• Setting objectives and defining policies specific to each of your sectors of activity.
• Developing and monitoring your budgets for the sake ofvalue for money and expense control.
• Managing, mobilizing, monitoring and evaluating the performance of the staff under your responsibility.
• Support to the establishment and service directorates for all questions related to your files.
SKILLS PROFILE • Strong communication, relationship and negotiation skills, demonstrated through the exercise of collaborative leadership, based on consultation, accountability and work team.
• Sensitivity to the needs of different clienteles.
• Concern for the quality of customer service. Respect for people and diplomacy.
• Agility to adapt quickly to changes, people and situations.
• Ability to solve complex files with strong analytical and decision-making skills.
• Rigor and efficiency in planning, organizing, monitoring and controlling records.
• Importance in achieving concrete results; creativity, initiative, determination and managerial courage.
• Strong values of ethics, integrity, loyalty and justice. Resistance to pressure and stress.
QUALIFICATION CRITERIA • A graduate degree in administration.
• A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience as an executive in a school or school service.
• Knowledge and experience in the field of general education of youth, adults and vocational training
• The permanent education permit issued by the Ministry of Education is an asset.
• Mastering the French language.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PROJECTED TIME FRAME Compulsory terms and conditions of employment and remuneration in accordance with the Ministerial Regulation respecting school board executive positions, class 13. Work Environment open, innovative and moving, fostering creativity and surpassing oneself.
End of the selection competition: Friday, February 8, 2019, 4 pm - Interviews: Thursday, February 28, 2019
Evaluation and references: week of March 4, 2019
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
If you are interested in this challenge, do not hesitate to send, in complete confidentiality, your curriculum vitae accompanied by a letter motivating your application, no later than Friday, February 8, 2019, 4 pm, for the attention of Mrs. Kathlyn Morel, Executive Director, at by mentioning in the subject of the email: DGA-CSDGS Contest and your name.
The Commission scolaire des Grandes-Seigneuries is engaged in an Equal Employment Opportunity Program and invites women, members of visible minorities, members of ethnic minorities, Aboriginals and persons with disabilities to present their application.